Monday 31 August 2015

Stamp-a-Faire 2015 - Mix and Match challenge

More tough challenges from the Stamp-a-Faire day! This time the mixing colours challenge from Dawn McVey. I definitely don't use enough yellow so that was my challenge....I picked out a pinky toned purple...the two colours had alot of punch being complimentary, so I picked a moss green (another colour I don't use too much) to tone it down.
I then used a die from Memory Box called Sunburst Cutworks on the purple card. It reminded me a little of a waterlily so I added some colour with Prismacolour pencils. The edges were sponged with Distress Inks and Finnabair pines stamp with the ink splodge from Stampin Up's French Foliage set. I then stamped the dragonfly from Prima Marketing Butterfly Wings Stamp-N-Add Stamp & Embellishment Set on the moss green cardstock using Memento ink pads, let them dry and coloured them in with Prismacolours again. Finally I used some glitter glue to add some sparkle to the wings and assembled the whole with tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment