Sunday 30 August 2015

Stamp-a-Faire 2015 Challenge- Unconventional Materials

I really enjoyed this one...given license to go round a hardware (DIY for those in England!) store and spend up to $10 on anything that took your eyes...I didn't know if we'd be given any ideas or we were on our own...so I picked some washers, some aluminium plumbers tape and some funky shaped tiles. In the end the tile was too heavy for a card, and the tape turned out to have "3M cold weather" written all the way through (I thought it was just the packing outer!! LOL...next time...)...but the washers were fun.
 I coloured them with alcohol inks applied with a felt applicator and let them dry. Then I coloured some pearlised textured paper with dye inks (it didn't take alot of colour and remained very subtle). I cut this paper and white vellum with a butterfly die cut from Sizzix.  Several layers were adhered together and I drew on the butterfly details with my favourite white jelly roll. The background is layers of blue and pearlised blue card stamped with a checkerboard background from Close to my Heart in a blue memento ink.  The edges were distressed with a Tim Holtz distressing tool. Lastly they were all adhered together and some glossy accents by Ranger used to decorate the washers.

No comments:

Post a Comment