Sunday 30 August 2015

Stamp-a-faire 2015 Challenge 1 -Bridal Challenge

I am a little late posting these as my health did not do me any favours on the actual day of, so for now it will be pictures and I will come back and edit later to add materials, techniques etc.
The first challenge of the day was the Bridal Challenge, making a card all in white, with only the use of a neutral colour for a stamped sentiment if wished!
I love monochromatic cards but I do find white challenging (it never stays clean around me!), and this proved to be a challenge in more than one sense as the photography was a challenge too (note to self..purchase a neutral grey background!!)



Here is what I can up with. I decided to go for a card in a shape to make it more unusual. It was layered on the skirt with with die cuts, stamps from Altenews Henna set embossed in white, and white liquid pearls from Ranger. The bodice was cut from patterned vellum and embellished with more white liquid pearls, glitter glue and white ribbon. Finally a white flower (which looks more cream against the other whites) was used as an accent.

1 comment:

  1. so many pretty white details! i love that you did a dress shaped card - it really stood out in the thumbnails!!

    ReplyDelete