Friday 22 May 2015

Topiary Thank you



Couldn't wait to play some more with the topiary set from Paper Trey Ink. I see them every where in green, but was inspired to go a little more out there colour wise - influenced by spring time Sakura blossoms, and an online game I play full of beautiful trees and hedges in pink. I'm not much of a girl for pink so this was a radical departure for me.
I used the Topiary tree stamp set and the matching dies to create the trees first. The dies were cut from white Recollections card stock. Then they were stamped with pink and lilac pigment Stampabilities ink pads. The leaves were stamped with Grape  (darker purple) and accented with a pink Prismacolour pencil. The trunks and pots were done in Sable brown and again picked out in Prismacolours. Finally blobs of hydrangea liquid pearls by Ranger and accent dots using a purple gelly roll were applied. Leaves on the upper layer were pushed forward. The tree was assembled using foam dots to give depth.
I masked off a negative rectangle and stamped the thank you repeatedly to fill it. The edges of the card were stamped with dots from Stampin Up's Itty Bitty background. The pink patterned paper was from a mixed 12"x12" pack from JoAnns. I made the strip by stippling pigment inks onto white cardstock and spritzing with water. After it dried I cut it and stamped thank you again using a darker pad. One I wasn't so happy with so I went over it with a gelly roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment