Friday 25 March 2016

Hoppy Easter!

A little extra post for my Easter cards I have been working on! It's no secret I am a huge bunny fan (and am often to be found sporting bunny slippers) so it's probably not surprising I love this time of year. Nice weather, flowers coming into bloom (I love photography too, so it's a happy time for me!) bunnies and chocolate.... and probably some more bunnies! I came across this cheeky chap by Art Impressions and fell in love. I had to design a card around him.

I designed the grass cutaway card using my Silhouette machine and altering a grass pattern from the Silhouette store. I cut a separate piece of grass and then sponged it using Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint. I then spritzed with some water and blotted. I altered an image of a spotty egg in various sizes, printed it out on cardstock, cut it out, then ran it through my Minc foiling machine with gold foil. Then I sponged over the top with Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry. Spritz and blot again. You will need two of the biggest egg. When you have coloured them, stick them back to back. Then stamp the bunny from the Art Impressions set in Black Memento Ink and cut him out. I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils. Cut a slit around his arm and stick his back and front together, leaving the arm a little loose. Stick the middle egg to the card, then stick the bottom grass over it and adhere the smallest egg. Stick our leporine friend to the largest egg, with it nestled under his arm. Then stick the egg to the card. If needed cut some more grass to hide the back of the middle egg.. Stamp and gold heat emboss the Happy Easter sentiment.



Laura's Loft have some great offers on Distress Inks at the moment, so do pop over and get yourself some...I love them so much I land up using them on nearly every card!!!
Meanwhile have a wonderful holiday weekend, however you celebrate it. May the bunnies be with you!


2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Love the bunny peeking around the eggs. Thank you for playing in the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo sweet! Love that you can see Bunny from the back also. The gold foiling on the eggs is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete