Thursday 12 November 2015

Winter Wonderland with Laura's Shop and Hop



If you missed it please do check out the previous stop and the lovely creations of Cindy here

This month I am using the gorgeous Altenew's Poinsetta and Pine stamp collection from Laura's fantastic shop to create my card. 

I started by cutting some Recollections white cardstock a fraction smaller than my blue background card, at 4" by 5.25". I then used my Ranger Round Mini Ink Blending Foam and started to blend on some Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire. I over stamped this with a tiny snowflake from Stampendous's Christmas Charms set using Summer Sky Memento Ink. I tried first with Distress Ink but the stamp was so tiny the image bled alot. I also used Penny Black's All Is Bright set for more snowflakes in varying sizes using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. This was all over stamped on one side using Heidi Swapp's music stamp and Memento Bahama Blue. I then sprayed water on top and blotted immediately. 

The edges of the card were pressed into an embossing ink pad and then sprinkled with Wow Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter. I love this powder so much, it melts really nicely and gives such a lovely ice/snow/ seasonal effect! The glitter stays put too. 

Then I printed the poinsetta from Altenew's set using Black Memento Ink and coloured with Prismacolours in tones of blue, white and purple, blending as I went. Then cut a second smaller layer of the front leaves and repeat. Leave the centre uncoloured. Use some clear Aleene's glue to glue some tiny sequins and beads from Baby It's Cold sequin mix. These are exclusive to Laura's Loft and are really pretty so do have a look!. Let dry and use a small foam pad to adhere to the base layer.
Attach some larger foam pads to the back of the poinsetta. Wrap some silver thread from a spool around your hand to form a circle. Arrange on card, making sure the ends are where one of the foam pads will be. (You could stick down one pad on top first and the leave a gap on the back of the poinsetta). Adhere the poinsetta and voila...Winter Wonderland!

This months blog hop prize (see Laura's website for entry requirements) is this lovely parcel of goodies, just in time for your holiday card making!

CF "Sleigh Bells" Stamp, CF "Bell Tag Fri-dies", VT "Holly Jolly" enamel dots & LLDCB "O' Tannenbaum" sequins

This month there is also generous 20% off Avery Elle stamps (ending 11/28/2015). Just use code AE20% at the checkout. 


Before hopping back to the beginning if you missed it to see what Laura has in store for you.


Here is the complete list in case you missed it:
This months guest bloggers:

3. Robbie Rubala





8. Linda Gorman  


10. Cindy Dooley  

11. Heart of Craft ← you are here!

Small print! For competition T&C's please see Laura's website. Some products in this post have been provided for use by Laura's Loft but all views are my own.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of non-traditional Christmas colors.-Heather C. Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just learning the Prismacolor Pencils as you can see from my blue christmas card this hop, lol. But your blending is beautiful, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love your background and the way you used the poinsettia...the shades of blue are gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The edge effect is awesome and I'm in love with non-traditional colors this year. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love what you did with us I couldn't wait to see what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete