Thursday 11 June 2015

Cheerful Thank-you


I set myself the challenge of using some colours I don't normally use and settled on this vibrant yellow scheme. First I embossed the back card using Paper Studio's A2 triangles embossing folder (discontinued).Then, cutting a separate piece of white card stock, matted on a deeper yellow, I proceeded to sponge the edges with a light yellow Memento ink (dandelion) pad. All the stamping was done using Altenew's Hennah Elements set. The background was further stamped using Cantaloupe and Tangelo Memento inks. The main flower was stamped in Memento black and coloured using Tria (alcohol markers). I know the current trend is for Copics and Spectrum Noir, but I've had Tria's since forever and am rather heavily invested to start again, but I'm sure whatever kind you use it will come out beautifully. The centre of the flower was finished with a gold gelly roll pen and some accent dots stippled around. 


Also entered in Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge- for the love of plants. It's great fun to do these challenges, give them a try and stretch your artistic boundaries!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love the delightful bright colors.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete