Friday 15 January 2016

Fantasy cards

I'll admit it, I'm a huge fan of the fantasy genre... Lord of the Rings, Eddings, Jordan... I wish there were more stamps around of non-cute dragons, unicorns and so on...but finding any proved hard, so I decided to use my trusty Silhouette machine to make a get well card for fellow fantasy lover I know. The dragon was cut from yellow cardstock, then sponged using Tim Holtz's round blending tool with distress inks in shades of orange and red. Spritz with water and blot. Then I over stamped with Papertrey Ink's Brushed Off set and Tim Holtz's Cracked and Specks set to finish the look.
Some gold thread was wrapped around my fingers and adhered under the dragon. I ripped some paper with writing on it (a dragon summoning scroll perhaps?) and stuck that to a red A2 card. Then the dragon and thread was placed on tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment